Look for the Helpers

Posted by: on March 15, 2018   |Comments (0)|Students

Well, the spring semester is certainly moving along. Spring Break has come and gone, and before we know it Commencement will be here. Hopefully we will soon see signs of spring — daffodils blooming and tulips ready to pop!

In my experience, this time of year can be pressure packed for students. They have exams to prepare for, papers to write, they need to deal with registration issues, and also address housing decisions for next year. Of course, seniors have a whole array of added pressure as they make plans for the next stage of their life after PC.

I think this is always a great time for parents to remind students that we have lots of resources and support services to help them to feel less stressed and more in control. All they have to do is ask for assistance. But I know that for some students asking for help is no easy task.  Perhaps, parents, you can give your sons and daughters that extra nudge to get them moving in the right direction. As a very wise person once said,

“When I was a boy and would see scary things on the news, my mother would say to me Look for the helpers. There is always someone who is trying to help.”

Fred Rogers

Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood

So, if your students are feeling a bit overwhelmed right now, please suggest that they look for a “helper” — a chaplain, a counselor, a dean, a hall director, and the list goes on.

God Bless.

Jackie