Morning Mail Guidelines
What is Morning Mail? A daily email newsletter sent to all PC undergraduate students. All emails submitted to the MODERATED student email lists and APPROVED by the moderator are sent out as one daily morning e-newsletter, Morning Mail. The Morning Mail email contains a headline message about each announcement, with an online link to read the full details. The content from the Morning Mail is also available online via the Morning Mail website. Note that emails to the moderated faculty and staff lists are released individually, as they are sent. There is no Morning Mail for the faculty/staff lists.
How to Submit:
Students, faculty, and staff can all submit items to the Morning Mail. In order to submit, send an email with your message to the appropriate email list(s) noted below. Submissions are collected by the moderator, combined into one email, and sent out to the student lists.
The email should be written as if it were being emailed directly to students. Please do not include any instructions to the Morning Mail team in the email. If you are including a flyer in your email, please make sure that there is also text in the body of the email about your event/announcement. This is to ensure that your message is readable by screen readers (devices used by people with visual impairments to read the content of web page).
Moderated email lists:
Once you submit an item, you will get a bounce-back message stating that it is waiting for moderator approval. This is normal – there isn’t anything else you need to do.
Please note that we cannot accommodate “scheduling” of messages (i.e. – you submit on Monday, but don’t want it to go out until Friday). Once your message has been approved by the moderator, it will be placed in the next Morning Mail edition. Please do not submit an email until you are ready for it to be distributed. See below for the distribution schedule.
The Morning Mail is issued on weekdays only. Submissions must be received by the moderator no later than 4PM to be included in the next day’s announcements.
- Submissions received after 4pm on Thursday will not go out until Monday morning. The deadline for inclusion in Monday’s Morning Mail is 4 p.m. on Sunday. Please plan your announcements accordingly.
- The Morning Mail is issued only when classes are in session during the fall and spring semesters. Emails will be released individually on weekday holidays and on weekdays during breaks (including the summer). Emails will also be released individually on snow days.
Desired Publish Date
Latest Possible Submission
Monday 4pm on Sunday Tuesday 4pm on Monday Wednesday 4pm on Tuesday Thursday 4pm on Wednesday Friday 4pm on Thursday
Additional submission guidelines:
- The subject line of your submission email will be used as the headline for the Morning Mail announcement – make it descriptive and attention-grabbing.
- News & Announcements will be listed in the order in which they are received.
- Events will be listed in chronological order.
- Please spell-check and grammar-check before submitting – information will be published as received.
- No more than 2 emails per event will be approved by the moderator. Please think through your promotion timing before submitting an announcement.
- If you are including a flyer in your email, please make sure that there is also text in the body of the email about your event/announcement. This is to ensure that your message is readable by screen readers (devices used by people with visual impairments to read the content of web page).
- Please double check that all text in images/flyers is large enough to be readable. Please limit image size to no wider than 600 pixels – images larger than this will be difficult to view on mobile devices.
- Surveys submitted to the Morning Mail by student clubs/organizations must first be reviewed and approved by the club/org’s advisor or other administrator.
- The moderated student lists are not meant to be a means for communicating urgent information. Administrators with a need to send urgent messages to the campus community have been identified by the College and given the appropriate administrative access to do so.
- Questions or comments about Morning Mail can be sent to email@example.com.