IDEI (Institutional Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) 2019-2020 Mini Grants
December 03, 2019
Greetings to the PC Community,
The office of Institutional Diversity Equity & Inclusion (IDEI) would like to remind you of the mini grants our office offers: Equity & Engagement Mini Grants and the Community and Diversity Mini Grants, and we encourage you to apply online.
In keeping with Goal II of the College’s Strategic Plan, PC/200, “A model of Love Inclusivity, and Equity in a Diverse Community”, we are pleased to once again and invite you to apply for the Equity & Engagement Innovation Mini Grant, and the Community & Diversity Program Mini Grant. These grants were created last year to support efforts by PC faculty, staff, and student organizations that advance equity and engagement as a collective, participatory process for the entire campus community.
All student organizations, faculty and staff may apply for a DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion) grant. Program proposals must align with five main DEI focus areas listed below, and support innovative and community-focus efforts. Priority will be given to interdisciplinary, multi-department/division, or unique collaborations between student clubs & organizations.
The five focus areas are:
- Structural Diversity, Access, and Equity:Maintain continuous improvement in the numbers, retention, matriculation and promotion of historically underrepresented students, faculty, administration and staff.
- Institutional Infrastructure: Establish a process for ongoing monitoring, assessment, evaluation and revision of institutional practices, policies, and procedures to ensure equitable and inclusive outcomes.
- Climate and Intergroup Relations: Create and sustain a campus environment of respect and civility that “promotes the common good [and] the human flourishing of each member of the campus community” through opportunities for diverse interactions, community dialogue and debate, and ongoing intercultural learning.
- Formal and Informal Curricula: Assure diverse perspectives and inclusive pedagogies in the content of courses, programs, teaching, learning approaches and experiences across all academic and non-academic programs.
- Student Learning and Development: Create leadership, experiences and career pathways that prepare students to engage actively in an increasingly diverse, inter-connected global society.
Applications can be submitted online via our website click here and will be accepted on a rolling basis, and awarded until all funds are depleted.
We look forward to your innovative ideas and thank you for your contribution to building a “model of love, inclusivity, and equity in a diverse community”.
If you are person with a disability and require an assistive device, service, or other accommodation to participate, please contact the Central Reservations Coordinator (401-865-2070; Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm) well in advance of this event.
The IDEI Leadership Team