Applications for Social Media Fellowship Open in January
December 12, 2018
The Benjamin Family Social Media Fellowship will open applications for the 2019-20 fellowship team from January 1 through February 22, 2019. The five students selected for this honor will receive extensive training and opportunities to plan and implement actual social media campaigns through the Providence College School of Business (PCSB) social media accounts. Extensive networking, culminating in a trip to visit leading social media companies and organizations, are an essential and valuable component of the program.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- An opportunity to represent Providence College & the Providence College School of Business
• A one night paid trip to New York to visit digital marketing offices (past trips have included Google, Facebook, Twitter, and UNTUCKit)
• A $500 stipend (modifications applied as necessary for students in the federal work-study program)
• Significant networking opportunities with alumni
• A certificate presented at the PCSB Awards Ceremony
• One-of-a-kind hands-on learning experience
The application process for the fellowship program opens each year in January. Interviews are conducted in March, with invitations to selected students sent by April. The application has an optional, though recommended, video component in which applicants can record a short video introducing themselves and sharing at least one campaign idea for the PCSB. The fellowship roles for the 2019-20 team will include Manager, Community Manager, Editor, Analyst, and Brand Journalist. The fellowship is open to all PC undergraduate students of all majors.