As you can see from the pictures, my apartment is a pretty good size. There are two bedrooms, a living room, one bathroom, and a kitchen. In my bedroom, there is plenty of storage space which is great because that was definitely something I was worried about over the summer. The kitchen came with an oven and stove top, a good sized refrigerator with a freezer, plenty of dishes, utensils, pots, pans, and other necessary items for cooking. Unfortunately, it did not include a microwave or toaster but that hasn’t been a problem.
Overall, I’ve been very happy with my apartment. The only negative aspect would have to be the heat. Unfortunately, we did not have fans or any form of air conditioning for the first two weeks here. At that time, the temperature was in the high 80’s so it was kind of tough to sleep at night. But it’s starting to cool down at night now and we have a fan in each bedroom that we received from Fairfield so sleeping is much better.
1. We have to separate our trash in three different categories: food, recycle, and trash that isn’t food or recyclable.
2. There is a switch on the wall that we have to turn in order to turn on the gas for the stove
3. We have to hang dry all of our clothes
4. Everyone apartment is different. Some are very big and old fashioned while others are smaller and more modern and there are many in between.
5. Some girls have had problems with bug bites –(tip) my roommate and I bought a canopy net at IKEA in Florence and have used it as a mosquito net on our window.
View of St. Croce from Apartment Window
As you can see from the pictures, my apartment is a pretty good size. There are two bedrooms, a living... MORE