The Final Few Weeks

Posted by: on December 4, 2014   |Comments (0)|Florence

It’s so hard to believe that we are already winding town to the tail end of the semester. Only 18 more days until we will all be USA bound! I think I speak for everyone when I say leaving here on December 13th will be the most bittersweet feeling we’ve ever experienced. I am so excited to go home to see my family, be in the comfort of my own home again and enjoy one of my mom’s home cooked American meals; but at the same time, I never want these exciting adventures that I have had here to end. I have had an absolutely incredible experience here so far– I don’t even know how to begin putting into words how amazing this semester has been. We have all traveled to places that in the past I only could have dreamed about: Croatia, Germany, Budapest, the Amalfi Coast, Greece, Paris, London, Switzerland and so many more. I am constantly thinking about how to respond to people who ask me how my abroad experience was when I get home, because it truly is so difficult to explain to anyone the ups, downs, fun times, scary experiences, new friends, immaculate views, and beautiful places that we’ve seen and been to.

Since finals week is rapidly approaching, all the Education girls are preparing final lesson plans, working tirelessly on our big Lesson writing projects and our Social Studies unit project, as well as trying to stay on top of our work for our other classes. Although the work has been tough and some nights have been late, the fun times we’ve had inside and outside the classroom will make all of it worth it. Many people have friends and family visiting this week for Thanksgiving as well, and we are all looking forward to the Thanksgiving dinner that Professor Hayes is hosting for us on Thursday evening. Many of us are planning Thanksgiving lessons for our classes this week and all the Italian students are eager to learn about this American holiday. All I know is that I have a LOT to be thankful for this year, and although I cannot be home with my family on this special holiday, I am sending all my love and thanks from the beautiful city of Florence. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Florence

-Maggie Schmidt