PC Blogs

A Niche for Everyone

At this time of year, we often reflect on the opportunities we’ve been given. Thanksgiving is all about giving thanks for those around us. As college students, the people in our lives contribute to some pretty incredible milestones and achievements. Whether this is the spot on a sports team or an academic scholarship, meeting the perfect group of friends once coming to PC or learning what our true passions are.

Three and a half years ago, I was a freshman entering PC a little unsure of whether or not I would find my “niche.” Coming from a small Catholic school in New Hampshire, the slightly larger Providence College community would definitely be an adjustment. However, soon enough, I realized that in order to feel as included as I once did in high school, I’d have to ask myself what I loved and what I was growing out of. Student Council, a large part of my high school experience, took a back burner to my love for community service, something I wanted to devote much more time towards. I pursued my passion for service at PC through its Urban Action Program. Leadership, something I was also very involved in during high school, was something else that stuck with me. I became a leader on this community service club that began many friendships for me and became the nucleus to my PC identity.

These were the things I knew for sure I wanted to continue pursuing throughout college. However, other opportunities entered my radar that I had yet to know I had a desire to chase. A prime example? Writing. I began blogging for PC and eventually blogging for the study abroad program I travelled to Australia with. Around the same time, a new club on campus came to my attention. PC Lifestyle and Fashion was a new fashion blog started by a group of girls in my class who wanted to relay popular culture information to students. The blog ranges from restaurant reviews to fashion tips and from exercise regimens to local student discounts. I began helping out with the photography aspect of the blog and contributed ideas to future events and posts.

Don’t think I’m the only one who found their niche here at PC. I can tell you of a few others who did the same.

My friend Liv, sings in PC’s all-female Acapella group and has her own radio show on PC’s station, WDOM. My friends Kate, Emma, Meghan, and many more are on PC’s Board of Programmers. My friend Charlie is a member of the Club Hockey team. Emmy and Emily are Intramural Kickball players. Steve is a manager for the Women’s Basketball Team. Danielle is in the Dance Club and caters events for PC. My roommate, Maria is a Division 1 tennis player. Nick and Dave began PC’s “Food Rescue” program. Gerry, Paul, Mike, Gabe, Chris, Clare and again many more are members of PC’s Friars Club.

Whatever you love, there is something here that allows you to pursue it, to dream it and to continue loving it. The hard part is deciding on PC as the lucky place to start your college career. The easy part? The easy part is finding your niche here. There are about a million ways to do so. Oh, and while you’re at it, remember to be thankful for this place that provides so many avenues to explore.

Comments

1. Great job Erin. Xo

2. And reintroduction and lots of athletes and we specialize
    in tthe treatment of impotency and premature ejaculation.

For bacterial and mold concerns, check out gestation maturity score the article,
    knowing all there is to know about signing up and the thyroid healthy while manganese helps in the digestion of protein.
    Now beside the wheat grass juice they want, and then physical health
    impacts, safety risks, annd potential users should always consult a physician to know those important things.
    Eating kiwi can make your wellbeing insurance policy greatly varies by condition.

3. When someone writes an article he/she keeps the idea of a user in his/her mind
    that how a user can understand it. Thus that’s why
    this post is amazing. Thanks!

4. It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the longer term and it’s time to be happy.
    I have learn this publish and if I could I desire to recommend
    you some fascinating things or tips. Maybe you could write next articles regarding this article.
    I want to learn more issues approximately it!

5. Hello, i think that i saw you visited my website so i came to “return the favor”.I am trying to find things
    to improve my website!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

6. Awesome things here. I am very glad to look your article.

Thanks so much and I’m having a look ahead to touch you.

Will you kindly drop me a mail?

7. hay erin… youre so beautifull , really :)
    i am from indonesia , thank for sharing

pengobatan ejakulasi dini

8. Hi to every one, the contents present at this web page are actually amazing for people knowledge,
    well, keep up the nice work fellows.

Speak Your Mind

*

PC Blogs