The feedback we receive most often from students regarding our annual Fall Career Fair boils down to two major issues:
1. “I’m too busy to attend”
2. “There’s nothing there for me”
Please know that we heard you, and the Fall Career Expo being held in Peterson is our solution. We’ve combined our major Fall events into one big Career Expo to give you one stop shopping. Students of all ages and majors should attend this event, as it features something for everyone.
1. MAJOR/MINOR FAIR – 2-4pm: Freshmen and Sophomores can explore majors and minors at PC by talking to professors and students from each academic area
2. INTERNSHIP SHOWCASE – 2-4pm: Speak with fellow friars who’ve completed internships. Get insider information on how they obtained them & what type of work they did. Many students find their internships as a result of this student to student networking event.
3. GRADUATE SCHOOL FAIR – 2-5pm: Over 30 graduate and professional schools will be in attendance. If you are considering graduate school you should speak to the representatives and ask what they are looking for on your grad school applications and explore what types of programs they offer.
4. FALL CAREER FAIR – 2-5pm: Over 100 organizations will be in attendance recruiting PC students for jobs and internships. It is recruiting season for accounting and finance companies so yes, there will be a lot of them there, however we have made a concerted effort to attract other companies like Hasbro, American Greetings, Care New England Health Systems, Eliot Community Human Services, NBC Universal, The Kraft Group, the FBI and more. Please see eFriars for complete list of attending organizations.
And the secret thing about career fairs that you don’t know until you attend? Employers give away tons of free stuff!
See you there!