1,100 students attended the Fall Career Expo last Wednesday, which featured our Major/Minor Fair, Internship Showcase, Graduate School Fair and Career Fair.
The feedback from employers is that they were thoroughly impressed by the student participation and their preparedness for this event!
The big question is, now what?
1. If you haven’t yet, follow up with any/all employers or graduate school representatives with whom you had conversations. If you have their business cards/contact information, email them a thank you for attending the expo. If you want to stand out, mail them a handwritten thank you note.
- Reiterate your interest in their company/position and what your next steps are (will you be applying online? attending their information session? awaiting job or internship postings on their web page so you can apply? taking a course that will make you better suited for their industry? etc.)
- Keep it short and to the point, use proper greetings and grammar (an informal, poorly written email can ruin that professional image you want to project) and try to refer to the conversation you had at the expo to help them remember you.
2. Apply to any positions that you learned about and were interested in, whether that’s via eFriars or on the company’s webpage.
3. Email the recruiter you met at the expo if you’ve applied to their open position and let them know that you did so, and that you look forward to a personal interview. Thank them for sharing the information about the company/position with you as it helped you better understand what type of candidate they need.
4. Save that recruiter’s contact information. You may need it in the future, don’t be afraid to use it!
Remember that if you didn’t find what you wanted at the Expo, we want to meet with you individually to help you find what you need. Call 401-865-1290 for an appointment with a Career Advisor.
SAVE THE DATE: Spring Career Expo is March 4, 2015!