PC Blogs

The Beginning … Of The End

Hey Everyone -

Wow. It feels like just yesterday when I was reading my acceptance letter to Providence College. Now? Well now I’m a Senior at this beautiful institution. I honestly can’t believe how fast time flies! For everyone starting the college process, here is my advice: “Relish it.” Really. You will only apply to colleges once (unless you attend to pursue a grad school/law school). Once it’s over, you have four of the best years of your life ahead of you. I do not say that lightly. My time at Providence College has been some of the best of my life. So enjoy everything and waste nothing.

Okay, now that my sappy senioritis is over, I thought I could enlighten you all on my class schedule this upcoming year …

• Advanced Advertising: This class is one of the hardest classes I’ve had at Providence College, which is a good thing. I’ve always wanted to challenge myself and this does just that. Our entire class is focused on practical uses of advertising. This class is one of the many examples of how my education has been so crucial toward my career. I not only learn concepts, but I apply them. For future business majors, that fact is crucial.
  • Marketing Research: Have you ever taken a survey for a website or business? Well this class goes into detail on why certain questions are there and what they imply toward the business or product they are based on. There is so much that goes into research that we don’t even think of! My teacher is the nicest guy too. We have classes one day a week, Monday 4 – 6PM. Because of this, he always jokes by ending the class with: “Have a great weekend!”
  • Marlowe Seminar: Christopher Marlowe was a famous playwright … who was also a spy. I am not even kidding. This class is run by the head of the Honors department, Stephen Lynch, who is one of the nicest professors you could meet. He is one of those people that is always smiling and joking around. For such an advanced and intensive class, he makes it seem like such a breeze. I highly recommend any courses taught by him!
  • Literary Journalism: Have you ever wondered how a literary journal is made? How are the submissions handled and what are the timelines? This class is a must take for anyone interested in the publishing industry. Part of our class work is a required participation in the creation of our literary journal, the Alembic. I honestly can’t wait until we start reading student submissions! The PC community is just so talented :)
  • Scriptwriting: David Rabinow is one of the nicest professors at PC. For homework, we go see plays at the local theaters and talk in extensive detail about playwrights we admire. For anyone interested in theater, or writing in general, I highly recommend it!

I know that seems like a lot, but don’t worry! My friends and I have been sure to take a few hours off a week to relax! Just last week my friends and I went to Luxe Burger for dinner. If you haven’t been there, do yourselves a favor and go now! YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN BURGER. I know. It’s truly exciting.

Dinner at Luxe Burger

Dinner at Luxe Burger with my roommates and close friend Chris! We had a blast!

That’s all for now! :) I can’t wait to see what the rest of my senior, and last, year brings me! If it’s anything like the past three years, I know it will be one to remember!

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Best,

Alexia Polachek

Trackbacks

1. […] Alexia Polachek ’14 – Alexia is a Marketing major and Writing minor from Jackson, New Jersey… and can’t believe she’s already a college senior! […]

Speak Your Mind

*

PC Blogs